CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

28 October 2008

We lost a member of the family today.. One of the feathered kind..


*I was awakened from my slumber to the shouts of my father who asked me to run downstairs and look for the little blue birdie we keep as a pet. He had been washing the cages and the birdie flew outta the window.

I searched frantically despite my heavy eyes and tired body but to no avail. I looked all over and combed every area around my block but in the end, the little blue birdie could not be found. I had no heart to give up the search because by doing so, i would would seal his fate. After a while, i turned around and trudged back home with the awful weight of guilt in my heart. I felt like i left a comrade out to die in the battlefield.

When i got home, i noticed that his companion,a green lovebird, looked at me as if to say, 'Did you bring my friend home? Where is he?'

I would have burst into tears but my weariness got the better of me and i plodded off to my bed and went back to sleep.

I awoke much later, my tiredness still everpresent and the guilt still as heavy in my heart. I do know that it's not my fault but i feel that i could have made a difference if i had not given up..

Forgive me my friend


*Little Birdie,why did you go?
An open window you saw and away you flew
Into the world where freedom seems promised,
only to find that it comes with a price

Little Birdie,are you afraid?
All lost and alone,with no friend in sight
Where jaws of death await you or worse still,
Cruel childrens hands

Little Birdie,do you know you are missed?
Your partner is silent,sadness beats his heart
Your family longs to have you back,
so please fly back home



*Wherever you are, i hope God watches over you and brings you back to us

I miss the beautiful songs you sing

0 comments: